For the 2021-2022 school year, in-person lessons are available.
Students may also choose to have some of their lessons online as they please.
ONGOING COVID CONSIDERATIONS
- The Alberta Health Daily Checklist may be used to help you determine whether you are well enough to attend lessons.
- If either the student or the teacher is not feeling well but still well enough to play the piano, an online lesson will be substituted for an in-person lesson. If you are not feeling well enough to play, a makeup lesson will be offered at another time.
Cleaning and Ventilation
- Upon arriving for their lesson, students will be expected to wash their hands with soap and a paper towel or single-use towel. The teacher will either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after each family. Sanitizer will be available for students to use as they leave.
- The piano keys, high-touch surfaces, and bathroom sink for handwashing will be cleaned daily.
- The window in the studio will be open as weather permits and a portable HEPA filter in use when weather does not.
- As of March 1, 2022, masking is no longer required, but is still optional. The teacher will continue to wear a mask with anyone that arrives wearing a mask and with anyone under the age of 12, as they are less likely to be immunized.
- The teacher will usually be about 4-6 feet away and at a separate piano, though will come closer to demonstrate.
- Students, parents, and siblings may wait in the living room just before & during their lessons. If other students are coming and going, please give them their space.
Updated March 3, 2022. These are subject to change depending on local outbreaks and changes to local guidelines.